Awards & Recognition: 1982-2017
- Honoured with the Order of Australia, Australia’s Highest Civilian Honour, for her significant service to advancing Australia’s bilateral relationship with India, particularly in promoting commercial and educational links.
- Awarded for Outstanding Achievement in Healthcare by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
- Awarded Business Leader Award at Lakshmipat Singhania – IIM Lucknow National Leadership Award 2018-19.
- The Giving Pledge Letter by Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw ‘1 of 6’ chosen for display at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History.
- Received ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ from Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) during FICCI Healthcare Excellence Awards 2019 for her valuable contribution and exemplary work in the field of Healthcare.
- Conferred with Business Woman of the Year at the Economic Times Prime Women Business Leadership Awards 2019
- Conferred With Honorary Doctorate from Deakin University, Australia for her pioneering entrepreneurial role in the field of biotechnology and for her sustained significant contribution to Industry-Academia collaboration between Australia & India.
- Elected as a member of the prestigious U.S. based National Academy of Engineering for her contribution to the development of affordable bio-pharmaceuticals and the biotechnology industry in India.
- Ranked Number 2 in Fortune’s Most Powerful Women in Business 2018. Featured on the list since inception of MPW in 2011.
- Ranked Number 1 in Barclays Hurun India Rich List 2018 – Top 10 self-made Women in India
- Ranked Number 38 on Top 100 overall Hurun India Rich List 2018.
- Ranked Number 39 on Forbes India Rich List 2018.
- Ranked Number 5 on the list of Most followed Business Leaders on Social.
- Ranked Number 4 in Kotak Wealth Hurun – Leading Wealthy Women 2018
- Awarded with the Precious Daughters of India Award by National Health Mission, Department of Medical, Health & Family welfare, Government of Rajasthan.
- Ranked No. 1 in Business Captians Category by the Medicine Maker Power List; Consequtively among Top 10 since 2015.
- Felicitated with the honorary Doctorate of Philosophy (D.Phil) from Amity University Haryana, Gurgaon
- Felicitated as an exceptional woman achiever by Ministry of Women and Child Development for being the first Indian business woman to reach USD 1 billion net-worth.
- Felicitated with the honorary Doctorate of Science (D.Sc., honoris causa), from Presidency University, Kolkata
- Felicitated with ‘AWSM Award for Excellence 2017’ by The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, USA
- Featured among Top Ten in Global ‘The Medicine Maker Power List’ 2017 published by UK-based – The Medicine Maker magazine. Ranked 3rd under the Business Captains Category.
- Featured in Forbes ‘The World’s 56 Self-Made Women Billionaires: The Definitive Ranking’
- Featured in Hurun Global Rich List India 2017
- Conferred with ‘The Global Leadership in Engineering 2016’ Award by USC Viterbi, School of Engineering based in Los Angeles, USA for Excellence in Biotechnology worldwide
- Conferred with the Highest French Distinction – Chevalier de l’Ordre national de la Légion d’Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honour)
- Featured on Forbes Asia’s 50 Power Businesswomen 2016 list
- Featured on Forbes 2016 list of ‘100 Most Powerful Women’
- Featured in Forbes India’s 100 Richest People
- Featured among Top Ten in Global ‘The Medicine Maker Power List’ 2016 published by UK-based – The Medicine Maker magazine
- Featured in ‘The Worldview 100’ list of prestigious U.S based Scientific American magazine
- Ranked 2nd in Global ‘Medicine Maker Power List’ 2015 published by UK-based The Medicine Maker magazine
- Ranked No. 14 in Global list of ‘Top 30 Social influencers in Biotech & BioPharma’ by HuffingtonPost
- Honorary fellowship of the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore
- Featured on Forbes’ 2015 list of ‘100 Most Powerful Women’
- ‘Top 50 Most Powerful Women in Business 2014’
- Appointed Honorary Ambassador to Federation University, Australia
- Delivered the 17th Dr KR Narayanan Oration at the Australian National University, Canberra
- Featured in Hurun Global Rich List India 2015
- Indo American Chamber of Commerce confers Kiran Mazumdar Shaw with the ‘Women Entrepreneur of the Year’ Award
- Feautred on Richtopia Social Media Plan 2015 list ‘The 250 Most Influential Women Leaders’
- Named among the ‘100 Leading Global Thinkers of 2014’ by US-based Foreign Policy magazine
- Global Economy Prize for Business by the Kiel Institute for the World Economy, Kiel
- Othmer Gold Medal by the Chemical Heritage Foundation, Philadelphia, PA
- Featured on Forbes’ 2014 list of ‘100 Most Powerful Women’
- ‘Top 25 Most Powerful Women in Asia-Pacific 2014’ (Source: Fortune)
- Feautured in ‘World’s 25 Most Influential People in Biopharma by Fierce Biotech
- Featured on Forbes’ 2013 list of ‘100 Most Powerful Women’
- Featured on Forbes’ 2013 list of Asia-Pacific’s 48 ‘Heroes of Philanthropy’
- ABLE 10th Anniversary Leadership Award
- Global Indian Woman of the Year at 5th Annual Pharma Leadership Summit & Business Leadership Awards
- Honorary Doctorate of Science by the Trinity College, Dublin
- Honorary Doctorate of Science by the National University of Ireland (NUI)
- Featured on Forbes’ 2012 list of ‘Asia’s 50 Power Businesswomen’
- Featured on Forbes’ 2012 list of ‘100 Most Powerful Women’
- Featured on Fierce Biotech’s list of ‘25 Most Influential People in Biopharma’
- Featured on Forbes’ 2011 list of ‘100 Most Powerful Women’
- Featured on Financial Times’ list of ‘Top 50 Women in Business’
- Featured on TIME magazine’s 2010 list of ‘100 Most Influential People in the World’
- Featured on Forbes’ 2010 list of ‘100 Most Powerful Women’
- Featured on Financial Times’ list of ‘Top 50 Women in Business’
- Featured in Forbes’ 2010 list of Asia-Pacific’s 48 ‘Heroes of Philanthropy’
- Nikkei Asia Prize for Regional Growth by Japan’s Nihon Keizai Shimbun
- Express Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit Award for Dynamic Entrepreneur
- Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science from the Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh
- Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science from the University of Glasgow
- ‘Veuve Clicquot Initiative For Economic Development for Asia’ Award
- Honorary Doctor of Technology from the University of Abertay, Dundee
- The Wharton-Infosys Business Transformation Award
- Padma Bhushan, one of India’s highest civilian honours, from then President of India, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
- Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- The Indian Chamber of Commerce Lifetime Achievement Award
- Honorary Doctorate from Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)
- Rotary Award for Corporate Citizenship
- Business Leader of the Year Award – Biotechnology, Chemtech-Pharma Bio Awards
- Honorary Doctorate of Science from Ballarat University
- Business Woman of The Year Award by The Economic Times
- Alumni High Achiever Award, Australian Alumni Association
- Karnataka Rajyotsava Award for pioneering biotechnology in India, the Government of Karnataka
- Best Entrepreneur: Healthcare & Life Sciences Award, Ernst & Young
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya Memorial Award from the Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce & Industry
- Woman of the Year Award, International Women’s Association, Chennai
- Golden Jubilee Felicitation, Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
- Padma Shri for pioneering biotechnology in India from the then President of India, R Venkatraman
- Outstanding Young Person Award, Jaycees India
- Best Small Scale Industry in Karnataka Award, Rotary Club, Karnataka
- Best Model Employer Award, Rotary Club, Karnataka
- Outstanding Contribution Award, AWAKE
- Best Woman Entrepreneur Award, National Institute of Marketing Management, India